This Cracker Barrel Meatloaf is classic comfort food made with ground beef, onions, bell pepper, cheddar cheese, Ritz crackers and a sweet, savory glaze on top!
This copycat version is easy, delicious, and a crowd-pleaser that feeds the whole family at a fraction of the price. Plus, the leftovers are just as good the next day.
But fair warning – with this recipe, it might not last long.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 sleeves of crushed Ritz crackers (48 crackers total)
- 4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar or Colby cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- For the topping:
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Place to the side. This will be used later as the topping.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, crushed Ritz crackers, cheese, milk, onion, bell pepper, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add in the ground beef. Mix well just to combine. Do not over mix.
- Form into a loaf and place inside a baking pan or baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the topping over the meatloaf.
- Bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the center is 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.