- 3 cups cooked rice (used glutinous rice or sub with other rice)
- 3/4 cup kale stems, finely chopped (or use broccoli stem)
- 15-20 cabbage leaves
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped -optional (used mini King Oyster mushrooms)
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil for Cooking
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp salt & pepper to taste Each
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 1 chopped Thai chili (optional)
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup Water
- To make the filling, heat a non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon oil, sauté ginger until fragrant, add mushrooms, cook for 1-2mins.
- Add kale stems & continue to cook for about 30 secs, turn off the heat.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, then add carrots, cooked rice & mix well with seasoning ingredients. Taste test.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, blanch cabbage leaves for about 45secs. Remove & quickly plunge them in icy water to stop the cooking.
- Place one cabbage leaf on a cleaned surface. Add a heaping spoon of filling in the middle, fold in the sides & wrap to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- In a heated non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon oil, place as many cabbage wraps as will fit in one layer in the pan.
- Cook until both sides are nicely browned, flipping in halfway.
- Sauce: Add the sauce ingredients to a pan, then bring it to simmer & cook until slightly thickened.
- Drizzle sauce on the cabbage wraps & garnish with sesame seeds & chopped cilantro.
You May Like Also :