- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cup chopped bok choy or Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and sauté for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add the sliced chicken to the pot and cook until it’s no longer pink.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers, bok choy or Chinese cabbage, and snow peas to the pot. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the soy sauce, fish sauce (if using), rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Remove the pot from the heat and ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve the Asian-style chicken vegetable soup hot and enjoy!
Feel free to adjust the ingredients and seasonings according to your taste. You can also add other vegetables or herbs to enhance the flavor. Enjoy your delicious homemade soup!
You May Like Also: