- 2 pounds dark chocolate, , roughly chopped (about 50% cocoa)
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup golden syrup
- 1 pound digestive biscuits, , broken by hand into postage stamp sized pieces
For the Chocolate Ganache
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- Melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add the chocolate and salt and continue over medium low heat until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the whipping cream and golden syrup until smooth.
- Fold in the broken biscuits and pour into a 9 inch spring form pan that has been lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove from pan and glaze with chocolate ganache.
To make the Chocolate ganache
- Scald the cream in the microwave until almost boiling.
- Pour over chocolate in a small bowl and let stand for five minutes.
- Stir until smooth then stir in the corn syrup.
- Pour over the cooled biscuit cake using a spatula to help cover it evenly