Baked salmon in foil with asparagus and lemon garlic butter sauce is a delectable and healthy recipe that is easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion. This dish is bursting with flavors and textures, making it a crowd-pleaser that is sure to impress your family and friends.
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Salmon is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, while asparagus is loaded with vitamins and minerals. The lemon garlic butter sauce adds a tangy and savory note that complements the salmon and asparagus perfectly.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut four sheets of aluminum foil, about 12 inches long.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Place one salmon fillet in the center of each sheet of foil.
- Brush each salmon fillet generously with the butter mixture.
- Divide the asparagus evenly among the four foil packets, placing the asparagus around the salmon fillets.
- Drizzle the remaining butter mixture over the asparagus.
- Fold the sides of the foil up over the salmon and asparagus to create a packet, leaving a little space for steam to escape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Carefully open the foil packets and garnish the salmon with chopped parsley.
Tips for Success
- Make sure to remove the skin from the salmon fillets before cooking.
- Use fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
- Do not overcook the salmon to