- 2 lbs stew beef
- 2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 14 oz can beef broth
- 8 oz button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a slow cooker, combine the soup, meat, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, and salt and pepper. Cook on low for about 6 hours. Break up the cream cheese and add it to the mixture along with the sour cream.
- While the egg noodles are cooking, add them into the slow cooker and serve them over the soup. After about half an hour, the flavors will start to thicken and mingle. If the sauce is too thick, add in some water and cornstarch.
TIPS AND TRICKS :
Use good quality cuts of beef, such as: chuck roast, strip steak, and bone-in rib eye. You can also use pork stroganoff. In Russia, this dish is commonly used. You can make a sauce thinner using a touch of water.
Calories: 586cal (29%)Carbohydrates: 9g (3%)Protein: 37g (74%)Fat: 44g (68%)Saturated Fat: 24g (150%)Cholesterol: 125mg (42%)Sodium: 449mg (20%)Potassium: 1035mg (30%)Fiber: 1g (4%)Sugar: 3g (3%)Vitamin A: 485IU (10%)Vitamin C: 4mg (5%)Calcium: 57mg (6%)Iron: 3.7mg (21%)