This is a perfect duplicate of the famous Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken. This is really a simple recipe, Boneless Chicken Breast topped with Cheese and Bacon. This goes to prove that not all great dishes have tons of ingredients in order to make them taste as good as they do. Think about that next time you consider spending hard-earned money at a Fancy restaurant for the same food you could make yourself.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 2 C. Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ C. Chopped green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise.
- Season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, partially cook the bacon until the fat is all rendered from it, but it is not crispy yet.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, cut each piece of bacon in half and place the strips of bacon on top of each piece of chicken.
- Return the chicken to the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken again, top with the shredded cheese and bake another 5 minutes.
- Top with green onions for garnish before serving.