- 2 to 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (you can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- Optional: chopped nuts (such as walnuts or pecans)
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a muffin tin or line it with paper muffin cups.
- Mash Bananas: In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until mostly smooth. A few small lumps are okay as they’ll add texture to the muffins.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Add the melted butter to the mashed bananas and mix well. Then, add the sugar, vanilla extract, and mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Incorporate Dry Ingredients: Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Gradually add the flour, mixing until just incorporated. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are fine.
- Add Chocolate Chips and Nuts: Gently fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts if you’re using them. This will add extra flavor and texture to your muffins.
- Fill Muffin Cups: Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake: Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. The baking time may vary depending on your oven, so keep an eye on them.
- Cool: Once done, remove the muffin tin from the oven and let the muffins cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy: Once the muffins are completely cooled, you can enjoy them! They’re great as a snack, breakfast treat, or even dessert.