300g of pastry dulce de leche
150g cornstarch (corn starch)
3 egg yolks
50g of powdered sugar
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 tbsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. of baking powder
Grated coconut (needed amount)
1. Place the butter in a bowl until softened.
2. Add the sugar and beat until you get a creamy preparation.
3. Perfume with the essence of vanilla and lemon zest.
4. Add the egg yolks one by one and beat well.
5. Incorporate the cornstarch, if possible sifting it together with the baking powder.
6. Form a bun, trying to touch the dough as little as possible.
7. Wrap in a film and take to the fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Then stretch the dough with a rolling pin on a floured table until it is ½ cm thick and cut discs of the desired size (generally they are 4 or 5 cm in diameter) with a cookie cutter (pasta cutter) or if we do not have one, with the mouth of a glass. Keep in mind that they grow when baked.
9. Place the discs on a buttered plate somewhat separated so they don’t stick.
10. Preheat the oven to approximately 200ºC and cook the discs for 5 minutes until they are slightly golden. It is important not to overcook them.
11. Once cooked, carefully remove the discs from the plate (with the help of a spatula) and let them cool before assembling.